How would you like to save your bookmarks in IE, Firefox, Opera and Google Chrome so that you can restore them in case if you need to re-install your operating system or move them from one computer to another? This post will show you how to save and restore bookmarks in simple steps.
Bookmarking the favorite web pages can save a lot of time as it becomes almost impossible to remember a list of favorite websites and their URLs. However it can be really frustrating at times when you lose all those saved bookmarks in case if a computer crashes. Also if you are a person who uses more than one computer then it becomes hard to copy all those saved bookmarks one by one manually. So saving the bookmarks can become handy in such situations. Here is how to to do it.
Saving a Bookmark file in Internet Explorer1. From the File menu, select the option Import and Export.
2. Select the option Export to a file and click on Next.
3. In the next screen select Favorites and click on Next.
4. In the next screen again click on Favorites and click on Next.
5. Now choose the destination where you want to save your bookmarks and click on Export.
6. In the next screen click on Finish.
Now you have successfully saved all your bookmarks in a .HTM file. You can use this file to later restore the bookmarks to either IE, Firefox or any other browser. To import the saved bookmarks from a file all you need to do is goto File menu, click on Import and Export, select the option Import from a file and proceed with the screen instructions.
Saving a Bookmark file in Firefox1. From the Bookmarks menu on the top select the option Organize Bookmarks.
2. A window will pop-up. From the window click on Import and Backup at the top and select the option Export HTML.
3. Now choose the destination where you want to save the bookmark file and click on Save.
To restore this saved file, follow the step-1 and in step-2 select the option Import HTML instead of Export HTML and proceed.
Saving a Bookmark file in Google Chrome1. From the Tools menu, select Bookmark Manager.
2. Click the Organize menu in the manager.
3. Select Export bookmarks.
4. Select the location where you want your exported file to be saved, then click Save.
To restore the bookmarks, follow step-1, step-2 and in step-3 select Import bookmarks instead of Export bookmarks and proceed.
Saving a Bookmark file in Opera1. From the File menu, select the option Import and Export.
2. Scroll over to the pull-down menu on the right and choose Export Bookmarks as HTML.
3. On the next screen, choose the destination folder from the Save in menu text box at the top of the screen.
4. Just click the Save button and you’re done.