1. Create and operate Firefox smart keywords.Firefox is typically taken as a web browser. But if you explore its features deep inside, you will find it to be a superb SEO tool also. Firefox provides a lot of quick search features that enable you to create your own smart shortcut keywords, which are the combination of a smart keyword and a search term, to search within any site of your preference. We call it Firefox smart keywords feature.
Here are the ways to create Firefox smart keyword search.
- Open the site you want to create the quick search for and then right-click inside its search box. Then, choose “Add a Keyword for this Search” option.
- A box called “New Bookmark” appears. In its “Name” section, give a suitable name for your search and in its “Keyword” section, set a keyword for its quick access.
- Now, type in the keyword and your desired search term in the address bar of the site. You will be instantly brought to Google search results for that search term.
If the site doesn’t have any search system of its own, then you can use following methods:
- Search for “site:yourfavoritesite.com keyword” in Google.
- Change the keyword in the query string of the URL to “%s” and then copy the URL .
- Then go to Bookmarks>Organize Bookmarks >New Bookmark.
- In Name section, give a suitable name for the search. In the Location section, paste the URL and in Keyword section, set a suitable keyword as you prefer.
- Then Click and you are done. Type in the keyword in the address bar of the site adn you will be instantly brought to all Google search results for that site.
2. Create Yahoo! search Shortcuts.
Yahoo! open shortcuts allows to create a Open Shortcut keywords for any search you want to perform. It allows you to navigate to a site as well as to search a site also. The process is very easy as it officially provides a form to set the keyword for your search. All you need to do is to insert keyword in “Name” section and URL of the site in the “URL:” section as instructed in the form. Once , you have an Open Shortcut , you can use it from any Yahoo! Search box.
3. Use YubNub search plugin.
Yubnub is a command-line for the web. You can install YubNub search plugin either to use multiple quick searches already created there or create your own using a simple wizard. It is compatible for integration in Firefox, Internet Explorer 6 and 7, Opera, Google Chrome, Camino and Maxthon.
4. Use Keysearch extension.
KeySearch is an Apple Safari extension which uses short keywords to allow you search any site of your preference, straight from the toolbar.Well, it also has easy to use feature which allows you to create your own shortcut keywords for your search.
Just right-click on any search box and choose “Create keyword for this search.”Then, type in a keyword and KeySearch sets the keyword as shorcut bookmark for that site.You can also keep track of all your keywords by clicking “Edit Keywords” in the KeySearch bar and manually create new keywords, disable specific keywords and modify your existing keywords.